Do I live in Ward 3?
This page will help you identify whether you live in Providence's Ward 3, and to register to vote online. It also provides the basics on the 2017 Ward 3 special election, including key dates.
Am I Registered?
- Monday, June 12 Last day to register for the Primary.
- Wednesday, June 21 Last day to submit a Primary mail ballot application. (Emergency ballots can be used from June 22nd through 4pm July 11th.)
- Wednesday, July 12 Primary Election.
- Monday, July 17 Last day to register for the Special Election.
- Wednesday, July 26 Last day to submit a Special Election mail ballot application. (Emergency ballots can be used from July 27th through 4pm August 15th.)
- Wednesday, August 16 Special Election.
There are two ways to cast an emergency ballot:
- In person: Go to the Board of Canvassers at City Hall, 25 Dorrance St, between hours of Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Don’t forget your ID.
- By mail: Complete the emergency ballot application, which you will have to mail in to get your ballot sent to you by mail. You will then have to return your ballot by mail or by taking it into the Board of Canvassers (per above).
Most of us will visit our usual polling places:
- Summit Commons
- Nathan Bishop School
- Martin Luther King School
But if you usually vote at the Church of the Redeemer, your polling place will be
- Providence Hebrew Day School (on Elmgrove Ave)